Parents and Players,
I hope this letter finds you doing well during these unprecedented times. We are excited to announce that the district has given us permission to start back with conditioning for fall sports. We want to assure you that we will take every measure to ensure the safety of all involved.
Please understand that we are all experiencing a new frontier, with that there will need to be flexibility with the summer schedule. We try to organize and plan as much as we can, but there will be times that workouts must be rescheduled or cancelled. We ask for your patience and understanding.
The South Carolina High School league and the district have given us guidelines for Phase 1 in this 3 phased approach to re-entry. There is no timetable to complete phase 1. We will operate under the guidelines established for phase 1 until further notice. There are certain times designated for players to come workout. The time a player receives will be the only time slot they are allowed to come to. Every student participating in athletic practices or training during the 2020 summer session must complete a waiver regarding the assumption of risk for the related to COVID-19. The waiver can be located on our website, www.stratfordathletics.net .
- Every person will go through a pre-screening upon arrival at school. This screening will include a temperature check via digital thermometer and answering a few questions.
- Practice social distancing of at least six feet to the greatest extent possible.
- Face coverings when applicable. Face coverings do not have to worn during physical activity.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze and throw tissue away.
- Avoid using other person items: Phone, Bag, equipment etc.
- Must have a water bottle with them. (recommended at least 1 gallon)
- Locker room use is prohibited. We will use the building as little as possible.
- Bathrooms will be available, but used on a limited basis. Every other stall and max capacity allowed in bathroom that will be limited depending on the number of stalls.
- No personal contact is allowed.
- No spitting of sunflower seeds, tobacco, or sputum allowed.
- Students must be picked up when work out is complete.
While we are excited to be getting back and being around our players, we will always keep the safety of our players and staff in the forefront of our minds. We are going to start this process and slowly increase our numbers of groups to ensure that we are getting great work in while remaining safe. At this time, we will begin working with our varsity players and increase as the week’s progress. We ask for your patience as we continue to iron out all wrinkles with this plan. If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.